EU LAW FIRM offers protection of Copyrights in Latvia and European Union. Copyright protects works created as a result of the author's creative activity. Copyright is the author's right to determine whether, in what way and for what remuneration other persons are entitled to use the literary, visual, musical, etc. works created by the author.
Copyright may cover a variety of content produced by the author such as - books, music, movies, plays, paintings, sculptures, photographs, buildings, geographic maps, computer programs, databases, and other works.
Copyright in the European Union covers both the right to control the economic exploitation of works -property rights and the special personal connection with the protection of works - personal rights.
Personal rights of the author are - the right to indicate the author's name, decide to make the work available to the public, the inviolability of his work, etc.
Economic rights of the author are -the right to authorize or prohibit the copying, public performance, distribution, posting and modification of works, etc.
To obtain a copyright a work does not need to be registered, nor does it have to comply with any other formalities, such as the use of a copyright mark. They are retrieved automatically as soon as the work is created, whether or not it is completed.
The author's work is protected throughout the author's life and 70 years after his death. At the end of this period, the work may be freely used, subject to the author's right to a name and the inviolability of the work. Performers' rights are valid for 50 years after the first performance, film and phonogram producers' rights are valid for 50 years after the fixation is made, broadcasters' rights are valid for 50 years after the first broadcast of the program.
Copyright law of the Republic of Latvia states that:
An act by which the personal or property rights of a subject of copyright and related rights are infringed, including:
1) fixation of objects of copyright and related rights, their publication, publication, reproduction and distribution in any way without the consent of the subject of copyright and related rights;
2) an activity by which the electronic information on the management of rights added by the subject of copyright and related rights is deleted, amended or modified without the permission of the subject of copyright and related rights;
3) an activity by which an object of rights is distributed, transmitted, made public or published, for which electronic information regarding the management of rights has been deleted, amended or modified without permission;
4) destruction or circumvention of effective technological means used by the subject of copyright and related rights, which are intended to restrict or prevent any activities with the object of copyright and related rights, or other activities with technological means, if they have taken place without the permission of the subject of copyright and related rights;
5) the production, import, distribution, sale, rental, advertising or use for other commercial purposes of devices or components thereof, as well as the provision of services aimed at circumventing or destroying effective technological means;
In case you suspect a Copyright infringement in Latvia or European Union, do not hesitate to contact EU LAW FIRM copyright lawyers in Latvia - firstname.lastname@example.org